What is Elektor pcb4makers?
Elektor pcb4makers is a PCB prototype service delivering 2 PCB prototypes after 3 working days. Alternatively we offer 5 boards after 5 working days and 10 boards after 10 working days.
All PCBs are high quality boards manufactured in Europe using materials that meet European Standards and Regulations (RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals), with full respect for our environment and the European labour and tax laws.
Why should I use Elektor pcb4makers?
Elektor pcb4makers provides the most convenient and fastest way to order PCB prototypes.
Elektor pcb4makers combines state-of-the-art highly automated CAM verification with production quality, made in Europe, compliant with all legal, environmental and ethical standards, at prices you would expect to only see in Asia.
Who should use Elektor pcb4makers?
Elektor pcb4makers is for all electronics and PCB developers and designers of Electronics. It is an excellent solution for professional electronics designer looking for proof of concept boards or prototypes, makers, and students alike.
Where are Elektor pcb4makers boards produced?
In Eurocircuits factories, located in Germany and Hungary.
What are Elektor pcb4makers boards made of?
- FR-4 - Tg150° - First Grade Only
- Green Laser Direct Imageable Soldermask
- Lead-free finish
We use Industry Standards materials from renowned European suppliers that are RoHS-, REACH- and Conflict Minerals- compliant.
What technology can I use in my design?
For designing reliable boards, we advise the following minimum values:
- Minimum track/ Isolation gap = 150 micron (0.150mm)
- Smallest finished hole diameter = 250 micron (0.250mm)
- Smallest drilled pad = finished hole diameter + 350 micron (0.350mm)
Here is some more practical information about how to set your CAD design rules and how to input our predefined design rules in your CAD package. (EAGLE, KiCAD, Altium).
Should your design not meet these values, don’t worry, we will make it if we can (without charging you more for it), if not we will inform you by e-mail with a report on why.
How can I place an order with Elektor pcb4makers?
The process is simple:
- Drag and drop your design as a single .zip file. Our data crunchers will visualize your board.
- This works fastest for EAGLE.brd and KiCAD-PCB designs. It works also for Gerber X and Gerber X2.
- After you see and check the images of your PCB, proceed to checkout.
- Login or create an account and tell us where to ship your boards.
- Pay (We make a reservation on your credit card and only debit your card upon shipment)
That’s it - Once your order is complete, the production process begins.
What if the images of my PCB are not what I expected?
The best results are achieved if you upload EAGLE.brd or KiCAD-PCB files. If the result is not what you expected, then check if you have a clear and closed contour around your board and no drawings or text outside the contour of your board.
If you are sure that your uploaded dataset is correct and the images are still not OK, then push the button asking for assistance. We will then analyse your files manually and e-mail you the explanation of what went wrong. This will require that you are logged in to your account.
What is included in the final price?
- The PCB prototypes you ordered (2, 5 or 10)
- Delivery charges
To which countries do you ship?
We ship to all countries within the European Union.
When can I expect to receive my boards?
We ship after a 3, 5 or 10 working days delivery term and that starts the day after the order is placed.
Example - A 3 working day delivery term:
- You place your order on Monday
- Your boards will be in production from Tuesday to Wednesday
- They will be shipped on Thursday
- Your boards will arrive on Friday or Monday, depending on your delivery address
Can I have a different Delivery and Invoice address?
Yes. The only restriction is that for any order the delivery and invoice address have to be in the same EU-country.